Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Faux-Resolutions


Happy 2011 everyone!!  I hope you all had a great New Years Eve, and a fabulous first day of 2011.  My first day of the New Year was amazing, and I know this year will be the best yet!  Starting the New Year, I had absolutely no resolutions for 2011.  Every year I have made the same resolutions, only to be broken within the first few weeks of the New Year.  My usual resolutions are: become more organized, go to the gym more often, eat healthier foods, and stop procrastinating.  This year, I decided to not make any resolutions, but to just see where the year takes me.  However, when I was driving my friend into the city last night, I had an epiphany.  I've come up with my resolutions, and I want to share them with you.

1. Explore NYC- After coming back home from college, I have started to spend a lot of time in New York City.  I have gotten to know Manhattan pretty well, but not well enough.  My father knows the city like the back of his hand, and I'm very jealous of him.  My resolution will be to spend every other Sunday in New York City.  Each Sunday I go in, I will pick an area to walk around.  I want to learn all the street names, locations of stores and restaurants, and go into all the hole-in-the-wall places.  I am also going to bring my camera, and document my findings.  So if you want to spend time with me on Sundays, you will just have to come into the city with me!!

2. Take more pictures- For Chanukah I bought myself a new camera, and I am in love with it!!  Lately I have been taking a lot of pictures of Pudge, but I need to start taking more pictures of friends and the places I see.  From now on, I will make sure to always have my camera with me, so I will always be ready to take pictures.  When I was younger, my family used to take RV trips, and while driving, my dad would stop every few minutes to take pictures (usually of cows).  I remember getting so annoyed, just wanting to get to the next location, or away from Jeremy.  Looking back on it now, I have no idea what my rush was to get to wherever we were going.  Who knows if I will ever revisit those places again, and all we have are our memories and the pictures we took.  In ten years, I want to be able to look through my pictures and remember all the good time’s I had with my best friends. 

3. Relax- One of my friends stayed over my house yesterday because she observes Shabbat.  It was such a relaxing day.  We read some magazines. I hung out with my brother, and watched a movie.  One day a month, I want to try and do absolutely nothing.  Wake up without an alarm, read through some of my magazines, and watch movies on Netflix.  I’m excited to have a whole day to myself to do absolutely nothing.

4. Skype more- I started a Skype account a few months ago, and still only have three people on my contact list (and out of those three, I only speak to one person).  Even though I only talk to one person on Skype, I have learned to love it.  I’m not a big phone person, but I love being able to see the person I am talking to.  It makes it more personal.  So if you have Skype and would like to chat with me, send me your contact info!!

So now that I have shared my New Years Faux-Resolutions with you, what are your resolutions for 2011?


No comments:

Post a Comment