Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reverb 2010- Writing

Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? 

I had a really tough time trying to come up with an answer to this question, what do I do each day that doesn't contribute to my writing?  At first I was going to write about watching trashy TV shows, but some of them do give me ideas for my writing.  I kept thinking, and I finally came up with shopping.  I don't do this everyday, but I think I shop often enough to put me in debt at the age of 23.  Every few weeks I will buy myself a new pair of shoes.  After the shoes come the new dresses or shirts or leggings.  At the moment of purchase, I always have a great reason to spend money, but looking at my bank account has proven me wrong. 

During the summer, I was trying to organize my closet.  I have absolutely no more room for new shoes, but there is no way I can stop buying them.  I began to think about starting a blog about my shoes.  You may be laughing, but I have some pretty shoes that should be shown off!  I wasn't really sure how I was going to write my shoe blog, but I have a feeling it would have been mostly filled with pictures.  In the end I decided against it, thinking that I would be buying more shoes just for the blog, and ending up with negative numbers in my bank account.  So now here comes the real question, can I eliminate this in 2011?  I know that there is no way I will stop buying shoes, but I should try to shop for designer shoes at discount prices or wait until some of my obsessions go on sale.  The other day I walked through the 8th floor in Saks Fifth Avenue, and I realized that some of the shoes were amazing enough for me to spend up to $500.  I promise that in 2011 I will control my shopping, and hopefully save money instead of spending it so quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment