Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bucket List


As of June 21 I will not be returning to my job.  This past year has made me realize that teaching is not the profession for me.  People keep asking me why I don't want to keep teaching.  I wish I had a simple answer to tell everyone, but I don't.  I cannot pinpoint what I dislike about teaching.  The things I love: interacting with my students, planning lessons, seeing their finished work, and I love the people I work with.  I've realized how difficult it is to teach 6-12 students at one time in this setting.  Some of my students need a lot of assistance when it comes to learning simple ideas, and they need a lot of help completing activities.  I wish I could work with my students one-on-one.

So of course now I am obsessively thinking about what I would like to do with my life.  As I go over all my options, I keep thinking back to what I enjoyed when I was younger, thinking maybe I can use this to my advantage.  At the moment, I haven't been able to figure anything out for my future.  However, I have decided to start a bucket-list.  Writing down what I want to do with my life might help me figure out what kind of job I would like.  Here's what I have so far....

Bucket List

  1. Read all the books on my Goodreads list (can you tell how big of a nerd I am??  Reading is the first thing on my list.  I'm crazy!)
  2. Find a job that I love.
  3. Have something published.
  4. Buy a pair of Christain Louboutin's.
  5. Visit all 7 continents 
  6. Visit all 50 states
  7. Attend:
    1. Kentucky Derby
    2. Mardi Gras 
  8. Climb to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
  9. Run a 5K
  10. Travel at least 4 times a year for the rest of my life
  11. Live in a different country for at least a year.
  12. Move to southern California
  13. Become organized

1 comment: