Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fundraising

There are 269 days left until the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.  As much as I love the actual walk, I love the fundraising aspect of it as well.  It makes me think creatively, and it brings friends together.  Lately I have been doing some thinking of events I would like to hold.  Of course I am going to have my BBQ sometime at the end of the summer/beginning of fall.  Below are a few ideas I have come up with.  Enjoy!

1. Cook Off- Someone was telling about how they attended a mac & cheese cook off.  This sounds like such an AMAZING idea.  I was thinking that people can volunteer to make either mac & cheese, meatballs, or something else that everyone loves (and of course dessert), and we can see which one is the best.  Everyone who attends the party will receive tickets, and they will put a ticket in what they think is their favorite.  I promise to get a little award for the winner!

2. March Madness- Not going to lie, I know NOTHING about March Madness...but I still thought doing something for it might be fun.  Most people know how the brackets work, so I am not going to go into it.  The basics are: pay in $20, fill out bracket, winner gets half.  Watch out for posts on Facebook looking for people to participate!

3. Guest Bartend- I found out that many bars allow people to guest bartend, teaching them a few things beforehand.  You're able to keep whatever tips you make, which is great!  The only thing is you have to make sure enough people attend the event.  Hopefully enough of you will come watch me (attempt) to make drinks!


No comments:

Post a Comment