Friday, January 14, 2011

Reverb 2010- Travel

Travel How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? 


view of the slide from the bottom!
I traveled to two places in 2010.  In January I flew out to Missouri to drive back to NJ with one of my good friends.  That trip was fabulous!  We were outside of St. Louis and visited the city everyday.  We went to a really cool museum (http://www.citymuseum.org/home.asp).  The museum is basically a huge playground for adults and kids.  Jen and I were crawling and climbing and running all over the place.  It is also very beautiful inside, with a lot of mosaic tiles on the floor.  The best part?  The guard told us that on weekend nights, the place opens up a bar!  If anyone is going to St. Louis, I highly recommend this place.  


We also went to the Anheuser-Busch beer tour.  This tour was intense.  We walked around for about an hour, saw horses, and learned all about how beer was made.  The brewery was also really pretty in some places, and smelly in others (we saw where they canned the Budweiser, and it smelled like a bar --stale beer all over the floor!).  After the long tour, you are brought back to a large cafeteria style room, and you can taste two of the beers and eat pretzels.  It was nice sitting there, drinking free beer and talking.  My only complaint was that we couldn't take home the glasses we used (Sam Adams gave us glasses).  Of course me being me, I decided to take my glass.  I now have a great souvenir from Anheuser-Busch. 


Jen and I also went to the Gateway Arch.  It is 630 feet tall, and in the shape of an arch.  You start at the basement, and you ride up these little cars.  Once you get to the top you can see all of St. Louis.  It was a magnificent view.  Jen and I enjoyed looking at the maps, and trying to find the buildings.  We were also able to admire the architecture of St. Louis.  I am hoping that I will be able to return to St. Louis in the near future, and explore some more.  For being in the middle of nowhere (sorry if you're from Missouri), St. Louis was a really cool city.  


The second place I went to in 2010 was Myrtle Beach for spring break.  i went with two friends from URI.  It was another fabulous trip.  We did a lot of shopping, spent time on the beach, and drank a lot.  After leaving Rhode Island, I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with my Rhode Island friends.  Being away for a week was great for bonding, and acting like we were still in college.  I am not a big beach person, so I do not know if I would go back to Myrtle Beach, but I would love to see the rest of South Carolina.  


I have no definite traveling plans for 2011, but there are a few places I would love to go.  First, my best friend just moved to Chicago a few months ago.  I would love to go out there for a few days, and visit her.  I would also like to go out to Arizona, since one of my friends just moved out there, and it's gorgeous out there.  Another place I would love to go to is California again.  I would love to go to San Diego again, and visit friends and family, or go to San Francisco and visit my aunt and uncle.  And I want to go down to DC and visit my friends in law school, and my fabulous cousin!!!  Hopefully I will be able to do a lot of traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment