Sunday, October 13, 2013

(101/1001)


Last week a sorority sister told me about a challenge she gave herself almost three years ago: 101 goals to complete in 1001 days.  I was immediately fascinated by this idea and started writing down my own goals.  Once I had a few of my own, I went onto my friends blog (http://lostdrgnfly.wordpress.com/101in1001/) and looked through her goals.  I will admit I stole some of her ideas.  Now that I had my 101 goals, I decided to look up the date in 1001 days.  July 10, 2016.  MAJOR PANIC ATTACK!!!  In 1001 days I will be 29 years and 7 days old.  It's not that I am scared of getting older, it's just the idea that so much is going to be different in 1001 days.  Who knows where I am going to be physically and mentally in my life.  I tossed and turned all night thinking I needed more life changing goals.  Thankfully when I woke up the next morning relaxed and confident with what I wrote.  On July 10, 2016, I will (hopefully) have a better grip on life, of who I am and what my passions are.  I've reread my list dozens of times getting excited to attempt to complete each goal.  I am also excited about the stories I will have.  Here is to the next 1001 days:  I hope every single day is filled with excitement, laughter, love and courage to be the person I am going to be in 1001 days.

For inner peace:
  1. Take a week off from Facebook (0/7)
  2. Write a letter to myself on day one that I will read on day 1001
  3. Watch a sunrise (0/1)
  4. Identify 25 things that I like about myself (0/25)
  5. Write down 5 good things a day for a month (0/31)
  6. Observe Shabbat once every three months (0/10)
  7. Blog twice a month (0/66)
  8. Put my clothes away immediately after wearing/washing every day for a month (0/31)
  9. Clean out my car once per week (0/143) 

For my body:
  1. Get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep per night 2 weeks in a row (0/14)
  2. Wear makeup every day for a week (0/7)
  3. Wear jewelry every day for a week (0/7)
  4. Go on a bike ride (on my own bike) 
  5. Go to a yoga retreat
  6. Go to the gym at least 3 days a week for 2 months (0/24)
  7. Go running 3 times a week for a month (0/12)
  8. Try a spinning class (0/1)

For my entertainment:
  1. Go on a hot air balloon ride
  2. Go skydiving
  3. Build a sand castle
  4. Build a snowman
  5. Go to 25 concerts (0/25)
  6. Watch 25 new movies that are recommended to me (0/25)
  7. Go to the opera 
  8. Go to a psychic
  9. Find one new town to explore every month (0/33)
  10. Host 3 dinner parties (0/3)
  11. Visit a museum once a month (0/33)

For my travel obsession:
  1. Go to Disney World
  2. Go on an African Safari 
  3. Attend the 2015 World Fair in Milan
  4. Revisit Costa Rica
  5. Take a road trip somewhere
  6. Visit one new state a year (0/3)

For my inner explorer:
  1. Spend a day at the beach
  2. Learn Hebrew
  3. Go on a weekend hiking trip
  4. Scrapbook my travel experiences 
  5. Attend one sorority alumnae event per month (0/16)
  6. Visit at least one friend in a different state every six months (0/6)

For the left side of my brain:
  1. Learn to drive a standard car
  2. Sign up for different classes
  3. Complete 1000 piece puzzles every three months (0/10)
  4. Complete a book of crossword puzzles
  5. Pick one persons blog and keep up with it

For the right side of my brain:
  1. Participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)
  2. Read for 30 minutes a day everyday for a month (0/31)
  3. Read 25 books that friends recommend (0/25)
  4. Scrapbook my college experiences 
  5. Scrapbook my post-college experiences 
  6. Take an art class
  7. Sign up for a dance class
  8. Take a photography class
  9. Take a photo of the same places every month for one year (0/12)
  10. Take one photo and share it online everyday for a month (0/31)

For my future:
  1. Join dictionary.com's word a day mailing list to increase vocabulary
  2. Write down everything I spend money on for 1 month, then make cut backs.
  3. No shopping for one month
  4. Push myself to do something outside of my "comfort zone" once a month (0/33)
  5. Pick a stock and invest in it
  6. Live in another country for at least 6 months

For strangers:
  1. For every goal I don't complete, donate $1 to charity
  2. Host at least one charity event each month to raise money for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer (0/33)
  3. Volunteer or do charity work at least once a month (0/33)
  4. Start a charity organization
  5. Give a compliment to at least 3 strangers every day for a month (0/33)
  6. Do something for a stranger at least once a week (0/143)
  7. Join the postcrossing.com project and send at least 10 postcards (0/10)

For my tummy:
  1. Try 101 new recipes (0/101)
  2. Learn how to cook (including meat/chicken/fish)
  3. Try 1 new baking recipe every other month (0/16)
  4. Go to the farmers market
  5. Try 25 new wines and rate them (0/25)
  6. Try 25 new beers and rate them (0/25)
  7. Learn to grill meat
  8. Eat fruit every day for a week (0/7)
  9. Attend a food festival 
  10. Learn how to make sushi
  11. Host or join a cooking club
  12. Replace one meal a day with a salad for a month (0/31)
  13. Take cooking classes
  14. Eat breakfast every morning for one week straight (0/7)
  15. Cook dinner once per week (0/143)

For my passion:
  1. Create a Vision Board
  2. Get certified as a travel agent
  3. Get a job as a travel agent
  4. Start my website
  5. Blog about the people and places I love
  6. Take journalism/writing classes
  7. Find indie theaters in NYC and share them with friends
  8. Go through all my stuff, and get rid of what I don't need.

For those I love:
  1. Send birthday cards in the mail to 15 people (0/15)
  2. Give 5 "I saw this and thought of you" gifts (0/5)
  3. Send holiday cards
  4. Go on a picnic
  5. Send out thank-you notes in a timely fashion
  6. Call one friend once a week via telephone or Skype (0/143)
  7. Reconnect with 10 friends that I haven't spoken to in a long time (0/10)
  8. Donate to 10 friends' charity walks
  9. Inspire one friend a month to try something new (0/33)
  10. Host a holiday meal (0/1)

No comments:

Post a Comment