Saturday, December 29, 2012

Feeling Lucky in Unlucky '13

I am really excited to be ringing in 2013 in just 2 days.  2012 was an interesting year for me.  I was working in a job that was making me miserable; I went on more trips in twelve months than I could ever imagine; went to more concerts than I have in my entire life; met a bunch of celebrities; and I made some of the best friends a girl could ask for.  This past year really opened up my eyes to what is right in front of me.  


A few weeks ago I saw this picture on Facebook: I absolutely love the idea of having an empty jar and filling it with notes about good things that happen. I am excited to try it out in a few days.  However, I am going to change the rules a little bit.  I am not going to put a little note in the jar when only something good happens, I am going to write a little note every day.  This way I will force myself to come up with something, anything, that put a smile on my face.  it could be something funny that the girls I babysit say; a show that made me really happy; a text message from a friend that really made me LOL for a long time.  At night I might be able to fall asleep easier if I think about the good things that happened during the day, rather than worrying about what needs to get done the next day.  


My jar will be public on Facebook.  If you want to keep track of my jar, click here and "Like" my page.  You can also leave posts about what happened to you that made your day so awesome!  I love hearing stories from anyone and everyone!  


My 2012 Jar (starting from January):
  • I was caught while doing trapeze. (January)
  • I went to visit a best friend in Chicago (February)
  • Had a really awesome time celebrating St. Patrick's day (March)
  • Went to Costa Rica, and had the trip of a life-time (April)
  • Helped work the Met Ball.  Went to Nashville and fell in love with country music, cowboy boots and cowgirl hats (May)
  • Went to Vegas for a bachelorette party.  Celebrated a bridal shower for an amazing friend.  Finished teaching. (June)
  • Saw movies in Bryant Park.  Celebrated my 25th birthday. Celebrated my sister/cousin's wedding.  (July)
  • Celebrated the wedding of two very good friends. (August)
  • Started a new season of kickball, and made great friends.  (September)
  • Went pumpkin picking.  Survived Sandy.  (October)
  • Visited Jeremy in Spain and went to Amsterdam.  (November)
  • Jeremy came home from Spain.  Celebrated SantaCon.  Reconnected with friend's I haven't spoken to in a long time.  (December)


No comments:

Post a Comment