Friday, December 10, 2010

Attempting to Cook

Last Sunday night, I made dinner with two of my friends.  Anyone who has had a two minute conversation with me knows I do not cook.  I don't know how to cook, and I never really thought it was necessary for me to learn.  However, while pretending to make dinner last week, I realized that cooking can be somewhat fun.  The whole idea of putting all the ingredients together, and then getting to eat it afterwards.  Very exciting and yummy.

During dinner, my friend and I discussed how much fun cooking was, and how we should do it more often.  In the spirit of Julie and Julia, we decided that we will cook one day a week.  Within the excitement, someone threw out blogging.  And since we all know how much I love to blog, we decided that this would be our new hobby for the next year!

We have been looking on line for recipes and I bought one of Bethanny Frankel's cookbooks.  At the moment we have found three or four recipes that we would like to try, but we are still trying to find more.  If you know of any dishes that are not too hard to make, and taste very good, please send them my way!  Also, keep your eyes open for my postings on our cooking experiments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment