Monday, November 8, 2010

Fundraising Ideas

I know that the Avon Walk is not until October.  Also, my account online has not been activated yet, but I am ready to start collecting (actually I'm ready to have some fun and raise money)!  I've been busy thinking of different ways I can raise money, and I'm starting to get a few ideas.  Let me know which ones appeal to you.

1. Wine & Cheese night- I'll provide the cheese and other snacks.  Everyone will bring a bottle of wine to share with everyone (or if you're like me and my friends, we will each need 2 bottles). 

2. Cooking Lessons- I promise I will not be giving the lessons!!!  I have two ideas for this event.  The first idea is to hire someone to teach us how to cook some recipes.  I will provide the ingredients, and everyone else can just show up and bring some wine!  The other idea is everyone brings a recipe they want to try, or know how to cook already.  We can teach each other how to make each recipe.  After we get to eat all the yummy food we made!  

3. Collect Pennies- I find myself collecting many pennies.  I feel like I never know what to do with them, but now I have a use.  For the next year, I will be putting aside all my pennies.  In September I will count up how much money I have saved, and send that amount in.  I urge all of you to save your pennies as well.  What else are you going to do with them?

4. Book Sale- I took this idea from the Avon website.  I will collect all the books you guys don't want anymore.  I will take them and attempt to sell them online.  Whatever money I receive, I will send to Avon.  So start cleaning out your bookcases!!

5. Host a Bar-tender- My family is very close with the owner of a sushi restaurant near our house.  I was thinking that maybe he will allow me to find a bar-tender to work for an evening.  Part of the tips the bar-tender receives will go towards Avon.  

6. Mock Passover Seder/Chocolate Seder- Who doesn't love Passover?  Especially if it's filled with chocolate?  This will be hosted before Passover starts.  It can be a potluck seder. 

This is all I have come up with so far.  If anyone has other ideas, please let me know.  I'm excited to plan all these events!

No comments:

Post a Comment